經濟部國營事業聯合招考 » 共同科目 » 歷屆題庫 » 110年 » 英文
1. In the literary history of the world, two of the greatest love stories have always been very popular and _____- Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet and the Chinese folk tale: The Cowherd and the Weaver Girl.
2. Some critics argue that if people rely on alternative medicine too much, they could delay getting treatment for potentially serious problems or possibly _____ illness.
3. Sarah _____ Marian’s help. She is thankful for her assistance.
4. Police are still _____ how the accident happened. They try to find more clues.
5. _____ food does not contain any meat or fish.
6. Simon is _____. He is aggressive and prone to cause an argument.
7. The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization is usually _____ to UNESCO.
8. The extinction of bees would have _____ effects for all other living things on earth.
9. The delivery person was instructed to handle the _____ package with the utmost care.
10. Everyone has been talking about the hyper-violent thriller that has become a massive _____ ever since it launched on Netflix two weeks ago.
11. The couples make vows and promises to _____ each other in sickness and in health, through good and bad times.
(D)come up with
12. Medicines should be _____ the reach of children.
(A)kept out of
(B)kept in with
13. Nowadays there are plenty of different methods teaching us how to live longer, from impossible diet plans to rigorous yoga routines, _____ suggest that you sleep before 10:00 p.m. and wake up at 4:00 a.m. to practice yoga daily.
14. You don’t have to pay for your first drink; it’s _____.
(C)on the house
(D)on the go
15. Stress relief is one of the most important factors for a longer life, and _____ suitable methods for releasing stress is important.
16. Simon is working on three jobs while attending school. I hope he does not _____.
(A)bring the community to his knees
(B)go to the end of the earth
(C)make mountains out of molehills
(D)bite off more than he can chew
17. With her loud voice and colorful outfit, Martha always _____. She gets all the attention.
(A)cuts it out
(B)takes a hike
(C)takes center stage
18. The current white rhino population _____ at only 17,000 to 18,000.
19. I would have bought a house last year if I _____ money then.
20. Sally likes vegetable in general, and broccoli _____.
(B)on the other hand
21. _____ no denying that the quality of service is the main standard hotels are judged on.
22. The billionaire is happy to donate one million to the charity because it’s just _____ for him.
(A)a drop in the bucket
(B)a pipe dream
(C)the lion’s share
(D)a long shot
23. If we _____ our trip in advance, we would have booked the seats.
(A)should have planned
24. It is essential _____ these instructions carefully to ensure his computer system has the technical capabilities he needs to fulfil the task.
(A)that he reads
(C)that he read
(D)he must read
25. Please note that all applications must be received _____ Friday, December 10. Any late submission will not be accepted.
(A)no later than
(B)no less than
(C)no more than
(D)no sooner than
(A)being more stable
(B)be more stable
(C)was more stable
(D)were more stable
※請依上文回答問題※What is the passage mainly about?
(A)Variations of love
(B)Love in different cultures
(C)Chemistry of love
(D)Psychological effects of love
37. ※請依上文回答問題※According to the researchers, which of the following chemicals is most closely related to the feeling of being in love?
38. ※請依上文回答問題※Which of the following is closest in meaning to the word “attachment”?
39. ※請依上文回答問題※According to the scientists, which of the following about how love occurs is NOT true?
(A)Every love passes through three or more stages - lust, attraction, attachment, etc.
(B)PEA is a hormone our bodies produce that promotes mutual feelings of connection and bonding.
(C)There is an increase in the amount of dopamine present in the brain when people are in love.
(D)People’s brains are influenced by hormones and chemicals that cause them to feel the way they feel.
40. ※請依上文回答問題※What does the passage imply about love?
(A)Most people are not controlled by love.
(B)Science may help explain how love takes place.
(C)Love can be expressed precisely by words or actions.
(D)People can easily find the right person everywhere.