國營事業 » 共同科目 » 模擬題庫 » 英文
by his last album, which was released after his death, Ibrahim Ferrer had one of the most beautiful voices in Latin music.
2. Did you
Japan for pleasure or on business?
3. The court found him
and he was released.
4. It is
to fear Friday the 13th. Some people call it superstition.
5. The company has
a million dollars on hardware and software to upgrade its computer equipment.
6. He is not a punctual person. Worst of all, he always gives
excuses for being late.
7. The recently launched
will send images to the earth and help scientists predict the weather.
8. Remember when you travel, you have to weigh carefully what you will bring with you and what you will
9. Taiwan orchid producers have successfully mastered their art to the point that they now enjoy a
lead in the floricultural industry.
10. The rope was getting loose, so she tried to
the rope by pulling on it.
11. John works very hard
(A)to account to
(B)in response to
(C)to around to
(D)in order to
12. The body is composed of some hundred thousand million cells,
is complete in itself.
(B)some of which
(C)each of which
13. We don’t want to put pressure on you but the future of the company is
; we will only survive if you put off this deal.
14. When taking a drug for a while, some patients would gradually develop a
for it and need to be given a larger dose.
15. Typhoon Soudelor
across Taiwan and made great damage this August.
16. One common cause of Osteoporosis, or thinning bones, is the
of nutrients such as calcium and Vitamin D.
17. Although we are spending a lot now, the new system will save us more money
(A)in the short run
(B)in the long run
(C)long story short
(D)a long shot
person does not talk with food in his mouth.
19. People with certain kinds of heart disease must
eating fatty foods.
20. The government promised a substantial reduction in the
of greenhouse gases.
21. In June,
Snowden was dominating the headlines, this cybersecurity company quickly raised an additional $3.5 million.
22. None of the jewelry
missing. Therefore, she was very satisfied and calm.
23. Salt and sugar are usually used to
24. I enjoy reading Harry Potter series as the story plot is really creative and
lack of success and financial reward, Vincent van Gogh persevered with his painting.
(D)Because of his
26. My brother had an accident while
how to ride a bicycle.
(C)had been learning
27. The end of year sales seminar will be held on
Saturday the 21st or Sunday the 22nd.
28. My uncle has a big beautiful house, which has twenty rooms crowded with delicate
29. Mary likes to talk to her neighbor a lot. They often have a good
over the garden fence.
30. The man became a vegetarian several years ago after his recovery from a sudden stroke. He often talks about his experience to discourage people
(A)not to eat
(C)to not eat
31. He earned more than 3 million dollars by undertaking a commercially
32. The letter of recommendation, as well as the application forms,
ready to mail.
33. Writers usually
an ending chapter for a long time.
34. In February, China’s monthly box office receipts actually surpassed
in the U. S.
35. Kevin decided to still apply for the graduate programs in the US,
that he might not get into one because of his below average TOFEL score.
36. In winter, many refugees near the coast have to take
37. By the time I got to the end of his article, I felt I knew everything there
about the European Union Free Trade Agreement.
(A)was to know
(B)is being known
(C)had been known
(D)would be known
when I need her, knows me very well.
(A)being an available friend
(B)always available being a friend
(C)a friend being available
(D)a friend who is always available
39. After her first Harry Potter book was published, Rowling went from a common housewife to a world-famous literary
40. If the hotel
to withstand an earthquake, it would not have collapsed.
(A)was being built
(B)had been built
(D)were to be built
41. The spellings of many Old English words have been preserved in the living language,
their pronunciations have changed.
42. Walking by the corner the other day,
for the light to change.
(A)a child, I noticing, watched
(B)I noticed a child watching
(C)a child watched I noticed
(D)there was a child watching
I reached the front porch when it started pouring.
(B)As soon as
(D)No sooner had
44. When we exchanged greetings with him, he had his eyes turned away. It was hard to tell if he was
happy to see us.
45. If you don’t hurry up with your proposal, by the time you present it to the screening committee, others
(A)can come up with
(B)will have come up with
(C)would have come up with
(D)will be coming up with
46. If John
satisfied with his TOEIC score, he wouldn’t be taking it again.
is guaranteed, or we will refund your money 100%.
48. It is not appropriate to use any
language in front of children.
, the new government has done nothing but talk.
50. The ship was carrying a
of crude oil.