經濟部國營事業聯合招考 » 共同科目 » 模擬題庫 » 英文
1. In February, China’s monthly box office receipts actually surpassed
in the U. S.
lack of success and financial reward, Vincent van Gogh persevered with his painting.
(D)Because of his
3. By the time I got to the end of his article, I felt I knew everything there
about the European Union Free Trade Agreement.
(A)was to know
(B)is being known
(C)had been known
(D)would be known
4. He earned more than 3 million dollars by undertaking a commercially
5. My uncle has a big beautiful house, which has twenty rooms crowded with delicate
6. The letter of recommendation, as well as the application forms,
ready to mail.
7. The company has
a million dollars on hardware and software to upgrade its computer equipment.
8. Walking by the corner the other day,
for the light to change.
(A)a child, I noticing, watched
(B)I noticed a child watching
(C)a child watched I noticed
(D)there was a child watching
9. A good way to keep your feelings of anxiety
is to meditate, relax, and calm yourself down.
10. Years later, in
, Steve Jobs realizes that he made the right decision—to drop out of college to start a business.
11. The Sunshine Non-Profit Foundation tried to persuade people not to
this store until it agreed to hire capable people with physical disabilities.
12. Not until the first land plants developed
(A)would land animals appear
(B)did land animals appear
(C)land animals appeared
(D)the land animals appeared
13. I enjoy reading Harry Potter series as the story plot is really creative and
14. While some bacteria are beneficial, others are
in that they cause disease.
15. My brother had an accident while
how to ride a bicycle.
(C)had been learning
16. If all the manufacturers can
during this financial crisis, the economy may get better next quarter.
when I need her, knows me very well.
(A)being an available friend
(B)always available being a friend
(C)a friend being available
(D)a friend who is always available
18. Every year, Brazil exports large amounts of agricultural
such as grain and corn to other countries.
19. Kate would have been the one hospitalized if she
to you and taken the flu vaccine.
(C)would have listened
(D)wouldn’t have listened
20. In June,
Snowden was dominating the headlines, this cybersecurity company quickly raised an additional $3.5 million.
inflation means that our wage increases soon become worth nothing.
22. The man became a vegetarian several years ago after his recovery from a sudden stroke. He often talks about his experience to discourage people
(A)not to eat
(C)to not eat
23. The Greeks are
Germans and others to help them out.
24. Remember when you travel, you have to weigh carefully what you will bring with you and what you will
25. The recently launched
will send images to the earth and help scientists predict the weather.
26. Unfortunately, his
attacks on the ramifications of the economic policy have been undermined by his wholehearted acceptance of that policy's underlying assumptions.
27. He is not a punctual person. Worst of all, he always gives
excuses for being late.
28. When taking a drug for a while, some patients would gradually develop a
for it and need to be given a larger dose.
29. Typhoon Soudelor
across Taiwan and made great damage this August.
30. According to statistics, human error
90% of all car accidents.
31. Excess sodium in the diet may lead to high blood pressure or hypertension,
(A)it is a disease affecting one in four Americans
(B)is a disease affecting one out of four Americans
(C)a disease affecting one in four Americans
(D)one in four Americans are affected by this disease
exposure to sunlight is one of the most common causes of skin cancer.
33. Ebola virus continued to spread, with a new case
34. The lectures have been published in book form
(A)for lack of
(B)in spite of
(C)by way of
(D)in response to
35. Paul is a famous chef. He always uses fresh
when he cooks.
36. Some doctors have been criticized for being insensitive; they seem to be
the suffering of their patients.
37. The leaves
as the wind blew.
38. John works very hard
(A)to account to
(B)in response to
(C)to around to
(D)in order to
is guaranteed, or we will refund your money 100%.
40. They will be
their behavior, whether they accept the responsibility or not.
41. I was as
as I could be, but I still ended up several thousand dollars in debt.
person does not talk with food in his mouth.
43. According to one employee, who wishes to remain
, the company engaged in illegal activities.
44. A computer program can provide information
ways that force students to participate in learning instead of being merely recipients of knowledge.
45. Although we are spending a lot now, the new system will save us more money
(A)in the short run
(B)in the long run
(C)long story short
(D)a long shot
46. The pilot asked the passengers to
because they were flying through a storm.
47. Marison was a scientist of unusual insight and imagination who had startling success
discerning new and fundamental principles well in advance of their general recognition.
48. In winter, many refugees near the coast have to take
49. The whole affair is an outrage and the authorities have done nothing to
50. The firm’s success is largely due to its CEO’s commercial