國營事業 » 共同科目 » 模擬題庫 » 英文
1. Although I am racking my
, I just can’t think of the password.
2. A computer program can provide information
ways that force students to participate in learning instead of being merely recipients of knowledge.
3. The restaurant
next to the bank sells excellent pasta so it attracts a number of guests.
4. The government promised a substantial reduction in the
of greenhouse gases.
5. The doctor advised him to have monthly check-ups
any return of symptoms might be detected immediately.
(C)on behalf of
6. The rope was getting loose, so she tried to
the rope by pulling on it.
7. They will be
their behavior, whether they accept the responsibility or not.
8. People with certain kinds of heart disease must
eating fatty foods.
when I need her, knows me very well.
(A)being an available friend
(B)always available being a friend
(C)a friend being available
(D)a friend who is always available
10. In June,
Snowden was dominating the headlines, this cybersecurity company quickly raised an additional $3.5 million.
11. Having experienced many failures, Jackson starts to fear
the future holds for him.
12. The company’s
on the formula expires after a number of years.
13. In February, China’s monthly box office receipts actually surpassed
in the U. S.
14. Everyone in the department is supposed to
suggestions for the project.
15. Years later, in
, Steve Jobs realizes that he made the right decision—to drop out of college to start a business.
16. It is
to fear Friday the 13th. Some people call it superstition.
17. The man became a vegetarian several years ago after his recovery from a sudden stroke. He often talks about his experience to discourage people
(A)not to eat
(C)to not eat
18. Every year, Brazil exports large amounts of agricultural
such as grain and corn to other countries.
19. Although the manager apologized many times for his poor decision, there was nothing he could do to
20. The lectures have been published in book form
(A)for lack of
(B)in spite of
(C)by way of
(D)in response to
21. The airplane was flying at
of 25,000 feet.
22. The Greeks are
Germans and others to help them out.
23. Due to the rising costs, starting January 2017, the yearly
to this finance magazine will increase from $100 to $120.
24. According to one employee, who wishes to remain
, the company engaged in illegal activities.
25. To prevent students from parking in the parking area assigned for faculty members, the school administration
a new regulation.
26. The banks complained that they
adequate notice regarding this new monetary policy.
(A)are being given
(B)had only been given
(C)had not given
(D)had not been given
27. My uncle has a big beautiful house, which has twenty rooms crowded with delicate
28. Salt and sugar are usually used to
by his last album, which was released after his death, Ibrahim Ferrer had one of the most beautiful voices in Latin music.
30. The ship was carrying a
of crude oil.
31. Alcohol and drugs have
effect on young people.
32. I was as
as I could be, but I still ended up several thousand dollars in debt.
33. One common cause of Osteoporosis, or thinning bones, is the
of nutrients such as calcium and Vitamin D.
34. In winter, many refugees near the coast have to take
, the new government has done nothing but talk.
I reached the front porch when it started pouring.
(B)As soon as
(D)No sooner had
37. I have waited in front of this store for 2 hours
my friends finally show up.
38. The whole affair is an outrage and the authorities have done nothing to
39. The body is composed of some hundred thousand million cells,
is complete in itself.
(B)some of which
(C)each of which
40. According to statistics, human error
90% of all car accidents.
41. Typhoon Soudelor
across Taiwan and made great damage this August.
42. The letter of recommendation, as well as the application forms,
ready to mail.
43. Paul is a famous chef. He always uses fresh
when he cooks.
44. John works very hard
(A)to account to
(B)in response to
(C)to around to
(D)in order to
45. I have trouble seeing the sign ahead clearly now because lots of dust is
in the sky.
46. Marison was a scientist of unusual insight and imagination who had startling success
discerning new and fundamental principles well in advance of their general recognition.
exposure to sunlight is one of the most common causes of skin cancer.
48. Ebola virus continued to spread, with a new case
49. Tests will be run to determine if the fumes from the chemical are highly
50. We don’t want to put pressure on you but the future of the company is
; we will only survive if you put off this deal.