國營事業 » 共同科目 » 模擬題庫 » 英文
1. The banks complained that they
adequate notice regarding this new monetary policy.
(A)are being given
(B)had only been given
(C)had not given
(D)had not been given
2. The man became a vegetarian several years ago after his recovery from a sudden stroke. He often talks about his experience to discourage people
(A)not to eat
(C)to not eat
3. If all the manufacturers can
during this financial crisis, the economy may get better next quarter.
4. He earned more than 3 million dollars by undertaking a commercially
5. Kevin decided to still apply for the graduate programs in the US,
that he might not get into one because of his below average TOFEL score.
6. The whole affair is an outrage and the authorities have done nothing to
7. We were asked by our tour guide on the shuttle bus from the airport to the resort to remain
until we reached our destination.
8. I have trouble seeing the sign ahead clearly now because lots of dust is
in the sky.
9. The body is composed of some hundred thousand million cells,
is complete in itself.
(B)some of which
(C)each of which
by his last album, which was released after his death, Ibrahim Ferrer had one of the most beautiful voices in Latin music.
11. It is
to fear Friday the 13th. Some people call it superstition.
12. Remember when you travel, you have to weigh carefully what you will bring with you and what you will
13. The pilot asked the passengers to
because they were flying through a storm.
person does not talk with food in his mouth.
15. John works very hard
(A)to account to
(B)in response to
(C)to around to
(D)in order to
16. The town’s water-supply has been
by chemicals from the factory.
inflation means that our wage increases soon become worth nothing.
18. The airplane was flying at
of 25,000 feet.
19. When taking a drug for a while, some patients would gradually develop a
for it and need to be given a larger dose.
20. The rope was getting loose, so she tried to
the rope by pulling on it.
21. The leaves
as the wind blew.
22. The lectures have been published in book form
(A)for lack of
(B)in spite of
(C)by way of
(D)in response to
23. Tests will be run to determine if the fumes from the chemical are highly
24. Having experienced many failures, Jackson starts to fear
the future holds for him.
25. The doctor advised him to have monthly check-ups
any return of symptoms might be detected immediately.
(C)on behalf of
26. The bank will continue to transfer the interest to your current account
27. Playing sports in school
meant to teach teamwork and leadership skills students can use later in life.
(A)which is an activity
(B)because activity is
(C)being an activity which is
(D)is an activity
28. Although the manager apologized many times for his poor decision, there was nothing he could do to
29. The firm’s success is largely due to its CEO’s commercial
30. Taiwan orchid producers have successfully mastered their art to the point that they now enjoy a
lead in the floricultural industry.
31. Kate would have been the one hospitalized if she
to you and taken the flu vaccine.
(C)would have listened
(D)wouldn’t have listened
is guaranteed, or we will refund your money 100%.
33. If the hotel
to withstand an earthquake, it would not have collapsed.
(A)was being built
(B)had been built
(D)were to be built
34. Marison was a scientist of unusual insight and imagination who had startling success
discerning new and fundamental principles well in advance of their general recognition.
35. The restaurant
next to the bank sells excellent pasta so it attracts a number of guests.
36. Paul is a famous chef. He always uses fresh
when he cooks.
37. Did you
Japan for pleasure or on business?
38. Before the baseball game, the coach attempted to
his players with an inspiring pep talk.
39. To prevent students from parking in the parking area assigned for faculty members, the school administration
a new regulation.
40. While some bacteria are beneficial, others are
in that they cause disease.
41. According to one employee, who wishes to remain
, the company engaged in illegal activities.
42. A good way to keep your feelings of anxiety
is to meditate, relax, and calm yourself down.
43. If John
satisfied with his TOEIC score, he wouldn’t be taking it again.
44. I enjoy reading Harry Potter series as the story plot is really creative and
45. They will be
their behavior, whether they accept the responsibility or not.
46. According to statistics, human error
90% of all car accidents.
47. The government promised a substantial reduction in the
of greenhouse gases.
48. When we exchanged greetings with him, he had his eyes turned away. It was hard to tell if he was
happy to see us.
I reached the front porch when it started pouring.
(B)As soon as
(D)No sooner had
50. In June,
Snowden was dominating the headlines, this cybersecurity company quickly raised an additional $3.5 million.