經濟部國營事業聯合招考 » 共同科目 » 模擬題庫 » 英文
1. In February, China’s monthly box office receipts actually surpassed
in the U. S.
2. While some bacteria are beneficial, others are
in that they cause disease.
3. One common cause of Osteoporosis, or thinning bones, is the
of nutrients such as calcium and Vitamin D.
4. Due to the rising costs, starting January 2017, the yearly
to this finance magazine will increase from $100 to $120.
by his last album, which was released after his death, Ibrahim Ferrer had one of the most beautiful voices in Latin music.
when I need her, knows me very well.
(A)being an available friend
(B)always available being a friend
(C)a friend being available
(D)a friend who is always available
, the new government has done nothing but talk.
8. They will be
their behavior, whether they accept the responsibility or not.
9. If John
satisfied with his TOEIC score, he wouldn’t be taking it again.
10. I was as
as I could be, but I still ended up several thousand dollars in debt.
11. When taking a drug for a while, some patients would gradually develop a
for it and need to be given a larger dose.
12. The court found him
and he was released.
13. By the time I got to the end of his article, I felt I knew everything there
about the European Union Free Trade Agreement.
(A)was to know
(B)is being known
(C)had been known
(D)would be known
14. Marison was a scientist of unusual insight and imagination who had startling success
discerning new and fundamental principles well in advance of their general recognition.
15. Walking by the corner the other day,
for the light to change.
(A)a child, I noticing, watched
(B)I noticed a child watching
(C)a child watched I noticed
(D)there was a child watching
I reached the front porch when it started pouring.
(B)As soon as
(D)No sooner had
17. Salt and sugar are usually used to
18. Since George scored high on TOEFL, he will
at Columbia this fall.
19. He earned more than 3 million dollars by undertaking a commercially
lack of success and financial reward, Vincent van Gogh persevered with his painting.
(D)Because of his
21. The doctor advised him to have monthly check-ups
any return of symptoms might be detected immediately.
(C)on behalf of
22. Everyone in the department is supposed to
suggestions for the project.
23. The lectures have been published in book form
(A)for lack of
(B)in spite of
(C)by way of
(D)in response to
24. Kate would have been the one hospitalized if she
to you and taken the flu vaccine.
(C)would have listened
(D)wouldn’t have listened
25. Not until the first land plants developed
(A)would land animals appear
(B)did land animals appear
(C)land animals appeared
(D)the land animals appeared
26. Years later, in
, Steve Jobs realizes that he made the right decision—to drop out of college to start a business.
27. The government promised a substantial reduction in the
of greenhouse gases.
28. The Greeks are
Germans and others to help them out.
29. My uncle has a big beautiful house, which has twenty rooms crowded with delicate
30. The restaurant
next to the bank sells excellent pasta so it attracts a number of guests.
31. After her first Harry Potter book was published, Rowling went from a common housewife to a world-famous literary
32. Every year, Brazil exports large amounts of agricultural
such as grain and corn to other countries.
33. When we exchanged greetings with him, he had his eyes turned away. It was hard to tell if he was
happy to see us.
34. It is
to fear Friday the 13th. Some people call it superstition.
person does not talk with food in his mouth.
36. I have trouble seeing the sign ahead clearly now because lots of dust is
in the sky.
37. The company’s
on the formula expires after a number of years.
38. The ship was carrying a
of crude oil.
39. Paul is a famous chef. He always uses fresh
when he cooks.
40. The banks complained that they
adequate notice regarding this new monetary policy.
(A)are being given
(B)had only been given
(C)had not given
(D)had not been given
41. Although the manager apologized many times for his poor decision, there was nothing he could do to
42. The pilot asked the passengers to
because they were flying through a storm.
43. I have waited in front of this store for 2 hours
my friends finally show up.
44. The rope was getting loose, so she tried to
the rope by pulling on it.
45. A good way to keep your feelings of anxiety
is to meditate, relax, and calm yourself down.
46. The leaves
as the wind blew.
47. The Sunshine Non-Profit Foundation tried to persuade people not to
this store until it agreed to hire capable people with physical disabilities.
48. In June,
Snowden was dominating the headlines, this cybersecurity company quickly raised an additional $3.5 million.
49. According to statistics, human error
90% of all car accidents.
50. My brother had an accident while
how to ride a bicycle.
(C)had been learning