經濟部國營事業聯合招考 » 共同科目 » 模擬題庫 » 英文
1. The influence of the financial tsunami in 2008 was tremendous. The stock markets tumbled
(B)across the broad
(C)back and forth
2. He is not a punctual person. Worst of all, he always gives
excuses for being late.
inflation means that our wage increases soon become worth nothing.
4. The letter of recommendation, as well as the application forms,
ready to mail.
5. I have waited in front of this store for 2 hours
my friends finally show up.
6. The spellings of many Old English words have been preserved in the living language,
their pronunciations have changed.
7. Typhoon Soudelor
across Taiwan and made great damage this August.
8. If you don’t hurry up with your proposal, by the time you present it to the screening committee, others
(A)can come up with
(B)will have come up with
(C)would have come up with
(D)will be coming up with
9. John works very hard
(A)to account to
(B)in response to
(C)to around to
(D)in order to
10. Ebola virus continued to spread, with a new case
11. The end of year sales seminar will be held on
Saturday the 21st or Sunday the 22nd.
12. Taiwan orchid producers have successfully mastered their art to the point that they now enjoy a
lead in the floricultural industry.
13. Due to the rising costs, starting January 2017, the yearly
to this finance magazine will increase from $100 to $120.
when I need her, knows me very well.
(A)being an available friend
(B)always available being a friend
(C)a friend being available
(D)a friend who is always available
15. Playing sports in school
meant to teach teamwork and leadership skills students can use later in life.
(A)which is an activity
(B)because activity is
(C)being an activity which is
(D)is an activity
16. Marison was a scientist of unusual insight and imagination who had startling success
discerning new and fundamental principles well in advance of their general recognition.
by his last album, which was released after his death, Ibrahim Ferrer had one of the most beautiful voices in Latin music.
18. The pilot asked the passengers to
because they were flying through a storm.
19. In winter, many refugees near the coast have to take
20. The airplane was flying at
of 25,000 feet.
21. The body is composed of some hundred thousand million cells,
is complete in itself.
(B)some of which
(C)each of which
22. The banks complained that they
adequate notice regarding this new monetary policy.
(A)are being given
(B)had only been given
(C)had not given
(D)had not been given
23. Not until the first land plants developed
(A)would land animals appear
(B)did land animals appear
(C)land animals appeared
(D)the land animals appeared
24. He earned more than 3 million dollars by undertaking a commercially
25. The rope was getting loose, so she tried to
the rope by pulling on it.
26. People with certain kinds of heart disease must
eating fatty foods.
27. The lectures have been published in book form
(A)for lack of
(B)in spite of
(C)by way of
(D)in response to
28. Although I am racking my
, I just can’t think of the password.
person does not talk with food in his mouth.
30. The man became a vegetarian several years ago after his recovery from a sudden stroke. He often talks about his experience to discourage people
(A)not to eat
(C)to not eat
31. Mary likes to talk to her neighbor a lot. They often have a good
over the garden fence.
32. While some bacteria are beneficial, others are
in that they cause disease.
33. According to statistics, human error
90% of all car accidents.
34. The whole affair is an outrage and the authorities have done nothing to
35. The company has
a million dollars on hardware and software to upgrade its computer equipment.
36. Since George scored high on TOEFL, he will
at Columbia this fall.
37. The ship was carrying a
of crude oil.
38. Before the baseball game, the coach attempted to
his players with an inspiring pep talk.
39. The firm’s success is largely due to its CEO’s commercial
40. According to one employee, who wishes to remain
, the company engaged in illegal activities.
41. Paul is a famous chef. He always uses fresh
when he cooks.
42. Having experienced many failures, Jackson starts to fear
the future holds for him.
43. If the hotel
to withstand an earthquake, it would not have collapsed.
(A)was being built
(B)had been built
(D)were to be built
is guaranteed, or we will refund your money 100%.
45. Tests will be run to determine if the fumes from the chemical are highly
exposure to sunlight is one of the most common causes of skin cancer.
47. Y.C. Wang passed away in 2008 at the age of 91 as a business
with few rivals in Taiwan.
48. It is
to fear Friday the 13th. Some people call it superstition.
49. I have trouble seeing the sign ahead clearly now because lots of dust is
in the sky.
50. When we exchanged greetings with him, he had his eyes turned away. It was hard to tell if he was
happy to see us.