國營事業 » 共同科目 » 模擬題庫 » 英文
1. He earned more than 3 million dollars by undertaking a commercially
2. The influence of the financial tsunami in 2008 was tremendous. The stock markets tumbled
(B)across the broad
(C)back and forth
3. People with certain kinds of heart disease must
eating fatty foods.
4. The pilot asked the passengers to
because they were flying through a storm.
5. Before the baseball game, the coach attempted to
his players with an inspiring pep talk.
6. If John
satisfied with his TOEIC score, he wouldn’t be taking it again.
7. The end of year sales seminar will be held on
Saturday the 21st or Sunday the 22nd.
8. The doctor advised him to have monthly check-ups
any return of symptoms might be detected immediately.
(C)on behalf of
9. I have waited in front of this store for 2 hours
my friends finally show up.
10. The leaves
as the wind blew.
exposure to sunlight is one of the most common causes of skin cancer.
, the new government has done nothing but talk.
13. The spellings of many Old English words have been preserved in the living language,
their pronunciations have changed.
14. Although the manager apologized many times for his poor decision, there was nothing he could do to
15. Playing sports in school
meant to teach teamwork and leadership skills students can use later in life.
(A)which is an activity
(B)because activity is
(C)being an activity which is
(D)is an activity
16. My uncle has a big beautiful house, which has twenty rooms crowded with delicate
17. If the hotel
to withstand an earthquake, it would not have collapsed.
(A)was being built
(B)had been built
(D)were to be built
18. Some doctors have been criticized for being insensitive; they seem to be
the suffering of their patients.
19. The town’s water-supply has been
by chemicals from the factory.
20. Tests will be run to determine if the fumes from the chemical are highly
21. Unfortunately, his
attacks on the ramifications of the economic policy have been undermined by his wholehearted acceptance of that policy's underlying assumptions.
22. In winter, many refugees near the coast have to take
person does not talk with food in his mouth.
24. The government promised a substantial reduction in the
of greenhouse gases.
25. The restaurant
next to the bank sells excellent pasta so it attracts a number of guests.
26. A computer program can provide information
ways that force students to participate in learning instead of being merely recipients of knowledge.
27. It is
to fear Friday the 13th. Some people call it superstition.
28. Ebola virus continued to spread, with a new case
29. Remember when you travel, you have to weigh carefully what you will bring with you and what you will
30. Years later, in
, Steve Jobs realizes that he made the right decision—to drop out of college to start a business.
31. Writers usually
an ending chapter for a long time.
32. The lectures have been published in book form
(A)for lack of
(B)in spite of
(C)by way of
(D)in response to
33. While some bacteria are beneficial, others are
in that they cause disease.
34. Due to the rising costs, starting January 2017, the yearly
to this finance magazine will increase from $100 to $120.
35. When taking a drug for a while, some patients would gradually develop a
for it and need to be given a larger dose.
36. A good way to keep your feelings of anxiety
is to meditate, relax, and calm yourself down.
37. The airplane was flying at
of 25,000 feet.
38. Everyone in the department is supposed to
suggestions for the project.
39. My brother had an accident while
how to ride a bicycle.
(C)had been learning
40. According to one employee, who wishes to remain
, the company engaged in illegal activities.
41. I enjoy reading Harry Potter series as the story plot is really creative and
42. Since George scored high on TOEFL, he will
at Columbia this fall.
43. Although I am racking my
, I just can’t think of the password.
44. The recently launched
will send images to the earth and help scientists predict the weather.
45. In June,
Snowden was dominating the headlines, this cybersecurity company quickly raised an additional $3.5 million.
46. Kate would have been the one hospitalized if she
to you and taken the flu vaccine.
(C)would have listened
(D)wouldn’t have listened
47. The man became a vegetarian several years ago after his recovery from a sudden stroke. He often talks about his experience to discourage people
(A)not to eat
(C)to not eat
48. We don’t want to put pressure on you but the future of the company is
; we will only survive if you put off this deal.
49. The court found him
and he was released.
50. The firm’s success is largely due to its CEO’s commercial