國營事業 » 共同科目 » 模擬題庫 » 英文
1. I was as
as I could be, but I still ended up several thousand dollars in debt.
2. Remember when you travel, you have to weigh carefully what you will bring with you and what you will
3. Mary likes to talk to her neighbor a lot. They often have a good
over the garden fence.
4. If all the manufacturers can
during this financial crisis, the economy may get better next quarter.
5. The court found him
and he was released.
6. The letter of recommendation, as well as the application forms,
ready to mail.
7. Writers usually
an ending chapter for a long time.
8. Y.C. Wang passed away in 2008 at the age of 91 as a business
with few rivals in Taiwan.
9. A good way to keep your feelings of anxiety
is to meditate, relax, and calm yourself down.
10. If you don’t hurry up with your proposal, by the time you present it to the screening committee, others
(A)can come up with
(B)will have come up with
(C)would have come up with
(D)will be coming up with
11. The rope was getting loose, so she tried to
the rope by pulling on it.
12. I have trouble seeing the sign ahead clearly now because lots of dust is
in the sky.
13. Kate would have been the one hospitalized if she
to you and taken the flu vaccine.
(C)would have listened
(D)wouldn’t have listened
14. When we exchanged greetings with him, he had his eyes turned away. It was hard to tell if he was
happy to see us.
when I need her, knows me very well.
(A)being an available friend
(B)always available being a friend
(C)a friend being available
(D)a friend who is always available
16. According to one employee, who wishes to remain
, the company engaged in illegal activities.
person does not talk with food in his mouth.
18. Having experienced many failures, Jackson starts to fear
the future holds for him.
19. They will be
their behavior, whether they accept the responsibility or not.
20. The bank will continue to transfer the interest to your current account
21. The influence of the financial tsunami in 2008 was tremendous. The stock markets tumbled
(B)across the broad
(C)back and forth
22. The firm’s success is largely due to its CEO’s commercial
is guaranteed, or we will refund your money 100%.
24. In February, China’s monthly box office receipts actually surpassed
in the U. S.
25. The whole affair is an outrage and the authorities have done nothing to
26. The man became a vegetarian several years ago after his recovery from a sudden stroke. He often talks about his experience to discourage people
(A)not to eat
(C)to not eat
inflation means that our wage increases soon become worth nothing.
28. The company has
a million dollars on hardware and software to upgrade its computer equipment.
29. Marison was a scientist of unusual insight and imagination who had startling success
discerning new and fundamental principles well in advance of their general recognition.
30. Since George scored high on TOEFL, he will
at Columbia this fall.
31. If John
satisfied with his TOEIC score, he wouldn’t be taking it again.
32. Taiwan orchid producers have successfully mastered their art to the point that they now enjoy a
lead in the floricultural industry.
33. We were asked by our tour guide on the shuttle bus from the airport to the resort to remain
until we reached our destination.
34. Years later, in
, Steve Jobs realizes that he made the right decision—to drop out of college to start a business.
by his last album, which was released after his death, Ibrahim Ferrer had one of the most beautiful voices in Latin music.
36. The banks complained that they
adequate notice regarding this new monetary policy.
(A)are being given
(B)had only been given
(C)had not given
(D)had not been given
37. John works very hard
(A)to account to
(B)in response to
(C)to around to
(D)in order to
exposure to sunlight is one of the most common causes of skin cancer.
39. Did you
Japan for pleasure or on business?
40. My uncle has a big beautiful house, which has twenty rooms crowded with delicate
41. We don’t want to put pressure on you but the future of the company is
; we will only survive if you put off this deal.
I reached the front porch when it started pouring.
(B)As soon as
(D)No sooner had
43. The end of year sales seminar will be held on
Saturday the 21st or Sunday the 22nd.
44. When taking a drug for a while, some patients would gradually develop a
for it and need to be given a larger dose.
45. Salt and sugar are usually used to
46. According to statistics, human error
90% of all car accidents.
47. Everyone in the department is supposed to
suggestions for the project.
48. It is not appropriate to use any
language in front of children.
49. Although I am racking my
, I just can’t think of the password.
50. The airplane was flying at
of 25,000 feet.