經濟部國營事業聯合招考 » 共同科目 » 模擬題庫 » 英文
1. Writers usually
an ending chapter for a long time.
2. Although I am racking my
, I just can’t think of the password.
3. Did you
Japan for pleasure or on business?
4. He earned more than 3 million dollars by undertaking a commercially
5. Although the manager apologized many times for his poor decision, there was nothing he could do to
6. Marison was a scientist of unusual insight and imagination who had startling success
discerning new and fundamental principles well in advance of their general recognition.
7. Playing sports in school
meant to teach teamwork and leadership skills students can use later in life.
(A)which is an activity
(B)because activity is
(C)being an activity which is
(D)is an activity
8. The letter of recommendation, as well as the application forms,
ready to mail.
9. The restaurant
next to the bank sells excellent pasta so it attracts a number of guests.
10. The airplane was flying at
of 25,000 feet.
11. Mary likes to talk to her neighbor a lot. They often have a good
over the garden fence.
12. The Sunshine Non-Profit Foundation tried to persuade people not to
this store until it agreed to hire capable people with physical disabilities.
13. Remember when you travel, you have to weigh carefully what you will bring with you and what you will
14. By the time I got to the end of his article, I felt I knew everything there
about the European Union Free Trade Agreement.
(A)was to know
(B)is being known
(C)had been known
(D)would be known
15. The bank will continue to transfer the interest to your current account
16. Paul is a famous chef. He always uses fresh
when he cooks.
exposure to sunlight is one of the most common causes of skin cancer.
18. A good way to keep your feelings of anxiety
is to meditate, relax, and calm yourself down.
19. I have trouble seeing the sign ahead clearly now because lots of dust is
in the sky.
20. Taiwan orchid producers have successfully mastered their art to the point that they now enjoy a
lead in the floricultural industry.
21. The recently launched
will send images to the earth and help scientists predict the weather.
22. Years later, in
, Steve Jobs realizes that he made the right decision—to drop out of college to start a business.
23. Due to the rising costs, starting January 2017, the yearly
to this finance magazine will increase from $100 to $120.
24. A computer program can provide information
ways that force students to participate in learning instead of being merely recipients of knowledge.
25. The rope was getting loose, so she tried to
the rope by pulling on it.
26. The government promised a substantial reduction in the
of greenhouse gases.
27. If John
satisfied with his TOEIC score, he wouldn’t be taking it again.
28. Excess sodium in the diet may lead to high blood pressure or hypertension,
(A)it is a disease affecting one in four Americans
(B)is a disease affecting one out of four Americans
(C)a disease affecting one in four Americans
(D)one in four Americans are affected by this disease
when I need her, knows me very well.
(A)being an available friend
(B)always available being a friend
(C)a friend being available
(D)a friend who is always available
30. The spellings of many Old English words have been preserved in the living language,
their pronunciations have changed.
31. According to statistics, human error
90% of all car accidents.
lack of success and financial reward, Vincent van Gogh persevered with his painting.
(D)Because of his
33. Kate would have been the one hospitalized if she
to you and taken the flu vaccine.
(C)would have listened
(D)wouldn’t have listened
34. The doctor advised him to have monthly check-ups
any return of symptoms might be detected immediately.
(C)on behalf of
35. The whole affair is an outrage and the authorities have done nothing to
36. The pilot asked the passengers to
because they were flying through a storm.
37. It is not appropriate to use any
language in front of children.
38. In June,
Snowden was dominating the headlines, this cybersecurity company quickly raised an additional $3.5 million.
39. Although we are spending a lot now, the new system will save us more money
(A)in the short run
(B)in the long run
(C)long story short
(D)a long shot
40. If the hotel
to withstand an earthquake, it would not have collapsed.
(A)was being built
(B)had been built
(D)were to be built
, the new government has done nothing but talk.
42. I enjoy reading Harry Potter series as the story plot is really creative and
43. The town’s water-supply has been
by chemicals from the factory.
44. We don’t want to put pressure on you but the future of the company is
; we will only survive if you put off this deal.
45. To prevent students from parking in the parking area assigned for faculty members, the school administration
a new regulation.
46. My uncle has a big beautiful house, which has twenty rooms crowded with delicate
47. While some bacteria are beneficial, others are
in that they cause disease.
48. The ship was carrying a
of crude oil.
49. If all the manufacturers can
during this financial crisis, the economy may get better next quarter.
50. He is not a punctual person. Worst of all, he always gives
excuses for being late.