經濟部國營事業聯合招考 » 共同科目 » 模擬題庫 » 英文
1. Although I am racking my
, I just can’t think of the password.
2. Paul is a famous chef. He always uses fresh
when he cooks.
3. The leaves
as the wind blew.
4. In winter, many refugees near the coast have to take
5. Ebola virus continued to spread, with a new case
when I need her, knows me very well.
(A)being an available friend
(B)always available being a friend
(C)a friend being available
(D)a friend who is always available
7. Taiwan orchid producers have successfully mastered their art to the point that they now enjoy a
lead in the floricultural industry.
8. Mary likes to talk to her neighbor a lot. They often have a good
over the garden fence.
9. According to one employee, who wishes to remain
, the company engaged in illegal activities.
person does not talk with food in his mouth.
11. None of the jewelry
missing. Therefore, she was very satisfied and calm.
12. The lectures have been published in book form
(A)for lack of
(B)in spite of
(C)by way of
(D)in response to
by his last album, which was released after his death, Ibrahim Ferrer had one of the most beautiful voices in Latin music.
14. He is not a punctual person. Worst of all, he always gives
excuses for being late.
15. People with certain kinds of heart disease must
eating fatty foods.
16. The court found him
and he was released.
17. It is
to fear Friday the 13th. Some people call it superstition.
18. The pilot asked the passengers to
because they were flying through a storm.
19. Although we are spending a lot now, the new system will save us more money
(A)in the short run
(B)in the long run
(C)long story short
(D)a long shot
20. My brother had an accident while
how to ride a bicycle.
(C)had been learning
21. The letter of recommendation, as well as the application forms,
ready to mail.
22. Kate would have been the one hospitalized if she
to you and taken the flu vaccine.
(C)would have listened
(D)wouldn’t have listened
23. Before the baseball game, the coach attempted to
his players with an inspiring pep talk.
24. The spellings of many Old English words have been preserved in the living language,
their pronunciations have changed.
25. The influence of the financial tsunami in 2008 was tremendous. The stock markets tumbled
(B)across the broad
(C)back and forth
, the new government has done nothing but talk.
27. If John
satisfied with his TOEIC score, he wouldn’t be taking it again.
28. In February, China’s monthly box office receipts actually surpassed
in the U. S.
29. If you don’t hurry up with your proposal, by the time you present it to the screening committee, others
(A)can come up with
(B)will have come up with
(C)would have come up with
(D)will be coming up with
30. Remember when you travel, you have to weigh carefully what you will bring with you and what you will
31. The town’s water-supply has been
by chemicals from the factory.
32. After her first Harry Potter book was published, Rowling went from a common housewife to a world-famous literary
33. By the time I got to the end of his article, I felt I knew everything there
about the European Union Free Trade Agreement.
(A)was to know
(B)is being known
(C)had been known
(D)would be known
34. The company’s
on the formula expires after a number of years.
35. The Sunshine Non-Profit Foundation tried to persuade people not to
this store until it agreed to hire capable people with physical disabilities.
36. It is not appropriate to use any
language in front of children.
37. When we exchanged greetings with him, he had his eyes turned away. It was hard to tell if he was
happy to see us.
38. We don’t want to put pressure on you but the future of the company is
; we will only survive if you put off this deal.
39. The banks complained that they
adequate notice regarding this new monetary policy.
(A)are being given
(B)had only been given
(C)had not given
(D)had not been given
40. I enjoy reading Harry Potter series as the story plot is really creative and
41. Although the manager apologized many times for his poor decision, there was nothing he could do to
42. Due to the rising costs, starting January 2017, the yearly
to this finance magazine will increase from $100 to $120.
43. Having experienced many failures, Jackson starts to fear
the future holds for him.
44. I have waited in front of this store for 2 hours
my friends finally show up.
45. Since George scored high on TOEFL, he will
at Columbia this fall.
46. The doctor advised him to have monthly check-ups
any return of symptoms might be detected immediately.
(C)on behalf of
47. The airplane was flying at
of 25,000 feet.
48. A good way to keep your feelings of anxiety
is to meditate, relax, and calm yourself down.
49. Years later, in
, Steve Jobs realizes that he made the right decision—to drop out of college to start a business.
50. According to statistics, human error
90% of all car accidents.