國營事業 » 共同科目 » 模擬題庫 » 英文
1. People with certain kinds of heart disease must
eating fatty foods.
2. While some bacteria are beneficial, others are
in that they cause disease.
3. We were asked by our tour guide on the shuttle bus from the airport to the resort to remain
until we reached our destination.
by his last album, which was released after his death, Ibrahim Ferrer had one of the most beautiful voices in Latin music.
5. The spellings of many Old English words have been preserved in the living language,
their pronunciations have changed.
6. Alcohol and drugs have
effect on young people.
7. The court found him
and he was released.
8. He is not a punctual person. Worst of all, he always gives
excuses for being late.
9. He earned more than 3 million dollars by undertaking a commercially
10. Since George scored high on TOEFL, he will
at Columbia this fall.
lack of success and financial reward, Vincent van Gogh persevered with his painting.
(D)Because of his
12. Years later, in
, Steve Jobs realizes that he made the right decision—to drop out of college to start a business.
13. The lectures have been published in book form
(A)for lack of
(B)in spite of
(C)by way of
(D)in response to
14. By the time I got to the end of his article, I felt I knew everything there
about the European Union Free Trade Agreement.
(A)was to know
(B)is being known
(C)had been known
(D)would be known
15. The company’s
on the formula expires after a number of years.
16. Unfortunately, his
attacks on the ramifications of the economic policy have been undermined by his wholehearted acceptance of that policy's underlying assumptions.
17. Did you
Japan for pleasure or on business?
18. The letter of recommendation, as well as the application forms,
ready to mail.
19. I was as
as I could be, but I still ended up several thousand dollars in debt.
20. We don’t want to put pressure on you but the future of the company is
; we will only survive if you put off this deal.
21. Although we are spending a lot now, the new system will save us more money
(A)in the short run
(B)in the long run
(C)long story short
(D)a long shot
22. Not until the first land plants developed
(A)would land animals appear
(B)did land animals appear
(C)land animals appeared
(D)the land animals appeared
23. The bank will continue to transfer the interest to your current account
is guaranteed, or we will refund your money 100%.
25. Although I am racking my
, I just can’t think of the password.
exposure to sunlight is one of the most common causes of skin cancer.
27. They will be
their behavior, whether they accept the responsibility or not.
28. When taking a drug for a while, some patients would gradually develop a
for it and need to be given a larger dose.
29. Writers usually
an ending chapter for a long time.
inflation means that our wage increases soon become worth nothing.
31. Marison was a scientist of unusual insight and imagination who had startling success
discerning new and fundamental principles well in advance of their general recognition.
32. The airplane was flying at
of 25,000 feet.
33. I have trouble seeing the sign ahead clearly now because lots of dust is
in the sky.
34. Salt and sugar are usually used to
35. According to one employee, who wishes to remain
, the company engaged in illegal activities.
36. The doctor advised him to have monthly check-ups
any return of symptoms might be detected immediately.
(C)on behalf of
37. The end of year sales seminar will be held on
Saturday the 21st or Sunday the 22nd.
38. In February, China’s monthly box office receipts actually surpassed
in the U. S.
39. My uncle has a big beautiful house, which has twenty rooms crowded with delicate
when I need her, knows me very well.
(A)being an available friend
(B)always available being a friend
(C)a friend being available
(D)a friend who is always available
41. Although the manager apologized many times for his poor decision, there was nothing he could do to
42. Y.C. Wang passed away in 2008 at the age of 91 as a business
with few rivals in Taiwan.
43. If all the manufacturers can
during this financial crisis, the economy may get better next quarter.
44. The man became a vegetarian several years ago after his recovery from a sudden stroke. He often talks about his experience to discourage people
(A)not to eat
(C)to not eat
45. The leaves
as the wind blew.
46. Ebola virus continued to spread, with a new case
47. In winter, many refugees near the coast have to take
48. The pilot asked the passengers to
because they were flying through a storm.
49. The whole affair is an outrage and the authorities have done nothing to
50. Before the baseball game, the coach attempted to
his players with an inspiring pep talk.