國營事業 » 共同科目 » 模擬題庫 » 英文
1. The man became a vegetarian several years ago after his recovery from a sudden stroke. He often talks about his experience to discourage people
(A)not to eat
(C)to not eat
2. According to one employee, who wishes to remain
, the company engaged in illegal activities.
person does not talk with food in his mouth.
4. The ship was carrying a
of crude oil.
by his last album, which was released after his death, Ibrahim Ferrer had one of the most beautiful voices in Latin music.
6. The company has
a million dollars on hardware and software to upgrade its computer equipment.
exposure to sunlight is one of the most common causes of skin cancer.
8. According to statistics, human error
90% of all car accidents.
9. Having experienced many failures, Jackson starts to fear
the future holds for him.
10. If the hotel
to withstand an earthquake, it would not have collapsed.
(A)was being built
(B)had been built
(D)were to be built
11. It is not appropriate to use any
language in front of children.
12. Mary likes to talk to her neighbor a lot. They often have a good
over the garden fence.
13. My brother had an accident while
how to ride a bicycle.
(C)had been learning
14. We were asked by our tour guide on the shuttle bus from the airport to the resort to remain
until we reached our destination.
15. We don’t want to put pressure on you but the future of the company is
; we will only survive if you put off this deal.
16. The lectures have been published in book form
(A)for lack of
(B)in spite of
(C)by way of
(D)in response to
17. The Sunshine Non-Profit Foundation tried to persuade people not to
this store until it agreed to hire capable people with physical disabilities.
18. My uncle has a big beautiful house, which has twenty rooms crowded with delicate
19. The firm’s success is largely due to its CEO’s commercial
20. Playing sports in school
meant to teach teamwork and leadership skills students can use later in life.
(A)which is an activity
(B)because activity is
(C)being an activity which is
(D)is an activity
21. In June,
Snowden was dominating the headlines, this cybersecurity company quickly raised an additional $3.5 million.
22. The spellings of many Old English words have been preserved in the living language,
their pronunciations have changed.
23. I enjoy reading Harry Potter series as the story plot is really creative and
, the new government has done nothing but talk.
25. They will be
their behavior, whether they accept the responsibility or not.
26. Since George scored high on TOEFL, he will
at Columbia this fall.
27. John works very hard
(A)to account to
(B)in response to
(C)to around to
(D)in order to
28. The whole affair is an outrage and the authorities have done nothing to
29. Every year, Brazil exports large amounts of agricultural
such as grain and corn to other countries.
30. Walking by the corner the other day,
for the light to change.
(A)a child, I noticing, watched
(B)I noticed a child watching
(C)a child watched I noticed
(D)there was a child watching
31. Paul is a famous chef. He always uses fresh
when he cooks.
32. Y.C. Wang passed away in 2008 at the age of 91 as a business
with few rivals in Taiwan.
33. If John
satisfied with his TOEIC score, he wouldn’t be taking it again.
34. Ebola virus continued to spread, with a new case
35. He is not a punctual person. Worst of all, he always gives
excuses for being late.
36. If you don’t hurry up with your proposal, by the time you present it to the screening committee, others
(A)can come up with
(B)will have come up with
(C)would have come up with
(D)will be coming up with
37. The town’s water-supply has been
by chemicals from the factory.
lack of success and financial reward, Vincent van Gogh persevered with his painting.
(D)Because of his
39. Writers usually
an ending chapter for a long time.
40. When taking a drug for a while, some patients would gradually develop a
for it and need to be given a larger dose.
41. Taiwan orchid producers have successfully mastered their art to the point that they now enjoy a
lead in the floricultural industry.
42. None of the jewelry
missing. Therefore, she was very satisfied and calm.
43. Kate would have been the one hospitalized if she
to you and taken the flu vaccine.
(C)would have listened
(D)wouldn’t have listened
44. Not until the first land plants developed
(A)would land animals appear
(B)did land animals appear
(C)land animals appeared
(D)the land animals appeared
45. The restaurant
next to the bank sells excellent pasta so it attracts a number of guests.
46. The rope was getting loose, so she tried to
the rope by pulling on it.
47. Excess sodium in the diet may lead to high blood pressure or hypertension,
(A)it is a disease affecting one in four Americans
(B)is a disease affecting one out of four Americans
(C)a disease affecting one in four Americans
(D)one in four Americans are affected by this disease
48. The banks complained that they
adequate notice regarding this new monetary policy.
(A)are being given
(B)had only been given
(C)had not given
(D)had not been given
49. The pilot asked the passengers to
because they were flying through a storm.
50. The court found him
and he was released.