經濟部國營事業聯合招考 » 共同科目 » 模擬題庫 » 英文
1. My uncle has a big beautiful house, which has twenty rooms crowded with delicate
2. The restaurant
next to the bank sells excellent pasta so it attracts a number of guests.
I reached the front porch when it started pouring.
(B)As soon as
(D)No sooner had
4. The letter of recommendation, as well as the application forms,
ready to mail.
5. Alcohol and drugs have
effect on young people.
6. To prevent students from parking in the parking area assigned for faculty members, the school administration
a new regulation.
7. Walking by the corner the other day,
for the light to change.
(A)a child, I noticing, watched
(B)I noticed a child watching
(C)a child watched I noticed
(D)there was a child watching
8. The bank will continue to transfer the interest to your current account
9. He is not a punctual person. Worst of all, he always gives
excuses for being late.
10. The company’s
on the formula expires after a number of years.
11. Not until the first land plants developed
(A)would land animals appear
(B)did land animals appear
(C)land animals appeared
(D)the land animals appeared
12. Excess sodium in the diet may lead to high blood pressure or hypertension,
(A)it is a disease affecting one in four Americans
(B)is a disease affecting one out of four Americans
(C)a disease affecting one in four Americans
(D)one in four Americans are affected by this disease
13. Everyone in the department is supposed to
suggestions for the project.
14. The banks complained that they
adequate notice regarding this new monetary policy.
(A)are being given
(B)had only been given
(C)had not given
(D)had not been given
is guaranteed, or we will refund your money 100%.
16. Although the manager apologized many times for his poor decision, there was nothing he could do to
17. Although we are spending a lot now, the new system will save us more money
(A)in the short run
(B)in the long run
(C)long story short
(D)a long shot
18. The spellings of many Old English words have been preserved in the living language,
their pronunciations have changed.
19. A computer program can provide information
ways that force students to participate in learning instead of being merely recipients of knowledge.
20. The town’s water-supply has been
by chemicals from the factory.
21. The firm’s success is largely due to its CEO’s commercial
22. Ebola virus continued to spread, with a new case
23. The Sunshine Non-Profit Foundation tried to persuade people not to
this store until it agreed to hire capable people with physical disabilities.
24. Before the baseball game, the coach attempted to
his players with an inspiring pep talk.
25. The airplane was flying at
of 25,000 feet.
26. The doctor advised him to have monthly check-ups
any return of symptoms might be detected immediately.
(C)on behalf of
27. According to statistics, human error
90% of all car accidents.
28. Years later, in
, Steve Jobs realizes that he made the right decision—to drop out of college to start a business.
by his last album, which was released after his death, Ibrahim Ferrer had one of the most beautiful voices in Latin music.
30. According to one employee, who wishes to remain
, the company engaged in illegal activities.
31. When taking a drug for a while, some patients would gradually develop a
for it and need to be given a larger dose.
32. The rope was getting loose, so she tried to
the rope by pulling on it.
33. The ship was carrying a
of crude oil.
34. My brother had an accident while
how to ride a bicycle.
(C)had been learning
35. The company has
a million dollars on hardware and software to upgrade its computer equipment.
36. I have waited in front of this store for 2 hours
my friends finally show up.
37. Remember when you travel, you have to weigh carefully what you will bring with you and what you will
38. Every year, Brazil exports large amounts of agricultural
such as grain and corn to other countries.
person does not talk with food in his mouth.
40. People with certain kinds of heart disease must
eating fatty foods.
41. The whole affair is an outrage and the authorities have done nothing to
42. The leaves
as the wind blew.
43. Typhoon Soudelor
across Taiwan and made great damage this August.
44. Did you
Japan for pleasure or on business?
45. John works very hard
(A)to account to
(B)in response to
(C)to around to
(D)in order to
inflation means that our wage increases soon become worth nothing.
47. He earned more than 3 million dollars by undertaking a commercially
48. The recently launched
will send images to the earth and help scientists predict the weather.
49. By the time I got to the end of his article, I felt I knew everything there
about the European Union Free Trade Agreement.
(A)was to know
(B)is being known
(C)had been known
(D)would be known
50. The lectures have been published in book form
(A)for lack of
(B)in spite of
(C)by way of
(D)in response to