國營事業 » 共同科目 » 模擬題庫 » 英文
1. The restaurant
next to the bank sells excellent pasta so it attracts a number of guests.
2. Salt and sugar are usually used to
3. Writers usually
an ending chapter for a long time.
4. The end of year sales seminar will be held on
Saturday the 21st or Sunday the 22nd.
5. The leaves
as the wind blew.
6. The whole affair is an outrage and the authorities have done nothing to
7. Every year, Brazil exports large amounts of agricultural
such as grain and corn to other countries.
8. The body is composed of some hundred thousand million cells,
is complete in itself.
(B)some of which
(C)each of which
9. After her first Harry Potter book was published, Rowling went from a common housewife to a world-famous literary
by his last album, which was released after his death, Ibrahim Ferrer had one of the most beautiful voices in Latin music.
11. The banks complained that they
adequate notice regarding this new monetary policy.
(A)are being given
(B)had only been given
(C)had not given
(D)had not been given
12. Mary likes to talk to her neighbor a lot. They often have a good
over the garden fence.
13. Remember when you travel, you have to weigh carefully what you will bring with you and what you will
14. In February, China’s monthly box office receipts actually surpassed
in the U. S.
15. It is
to fear Friday the 13th. Some people call it superstition.
16. Kate would have been the one hospitalized if she
to you and taken the flu vaccine.
(C)would have listened
(D)wouldn’t have listened
17. The ship was carrying a
of crude oil.
18. The lectures have been published in book form
(A)for lack of
(B)in spite of
(C)by way of
(D)in response to
19. I was as
as I could be, but I still ended up several thousand dollars in debt.
20. Due to the rising costs, starting January 2017, the yearly
to this finance magazine will increase from $100 to $120.
21. Unfortunately, his
attacks on the ramifications of the economic policy have been undermined by his wholehearted acceptance of that policy's underlying assumptions.
22. By the time I got to the end of his article, I felt I knew everything there
about the European Union Free Trade Agreement.
(A)was to know
(B)is being known
(C)had been known
(D)would be known
23. He is not a punctual person. Worst of all, he always gives
excuses for being late.
24. None of the jewelry
missing. Therefore, she was very satisfied and calm.
25. He earned more than 3 million dollars by undertaking a commercially
26. The Greeks are
Germans and others to help them out.
27. If you don’t hurry up with your proposal, by the time you present it to the screening committee, others
(A)can come up with
(B)will have come up with
(C)would have come up with
(D)will be coming up with
28. Everyone in the department is supposed to
suggestions for the project.
29. Y.C. Wang passed away in 2008 at the age of 91 as a business
with few rivals in Taiwan.
exposure to sunlight is one of the most common causes of skin cancer.
31. The bank will continue to transfer the interest to your current account
32. Not until the first land plants developed
(A)would land animals appear
(B)did land animals appear
(C)land animals appeared
(D)the land animals appeared
33. Alcohol and drugs have
effect on young people.
34. The doctor advised him to have monthly check-ups
any return of symptoms might be detected immediately.
(C)on behalf of
35. They will be
their behavior, whether they accept the responsibility or not.
36. According to statistics, human error
90% of all car accidents.
37. The man became a vegetarian several years ago after his recovery from a sudden stroke. He often talks about his experience to discourage people
(A)not to eat
(C)to not eat
38. In winter, many refugees near the coast have to take
39. The spellings of many Old English words have been preserved in the living language,
their pronunciations have changed.
40. The letter of recommendation, as well as the application forms,
ready to mail.
41. When taking a drug for a while, some patients would gradually develop a
for it and need to be given a larger dose.
42. The town’s water-supply has been
by chemicals from the factory.
43. Taiwan orchid producers have successfully mastered their art to the point that they now enjoy a
lead in the floricultural industry.
44. We were asked by our tour guide on the shuttle bus from the airport to the resort to remain
until we reached our destination.
45. Some doctors have been criticized for being insensitive; they seem to be
the suffering of their patients.
46. The firm’s success is largely due to its CEO’s commercial
47. Did you
Japan for pleasure or on business?
48. According to one employee, who wishes to remain
, the company engaged in illegal activities.
lack of success and financial reward, Vincent van Gogh persevered with his painting.
(D)Because of his
50. If all the manufacturers can
during this financial crisis, the economy may get better next quarter.