中華郵政 » 專業職(二)外勤 » 模擬題庫 » 英文
1. He drives much [____] than his girl friend.
2. An open-minded city, Taipei [____] Asia’s first Gay Pride parade which has now become an annual autumn event.
3. Because of credit _____, many companies which have financial difficulties cannot get a loan from banks.
4. Paul’s [____] pursuit of knowledge is praised highly by his instructor.
5. Simms Engineering estimates that the proposed modifications _____ your original design will cost in the region of $200,000.
6. Although I live in an English-speaking environment, I still read Chinese books. [____] does having an English name reduce the importance of Chinese culture in my heart.
(D)In no way
7. The waiter is [____] for us to follow him. He must have found a table for us.
8. Tom was [____] from his school for stealing and cheating on the exams.
9. Taiwan is famous [____] its many famous scenic spots, such as, Sun Moon Lake, Ali Mountain, etc.
10. You have worked so hard for a whole year－_____ taking a break.
11. A kind of natural disaster caused by earthquakes under the ocean and characterized by a sudden surge of giant and massive wave is known as [____].
12. These trainings will [____] you to find a job in one of the banks.
13. The good weather will [____] all the week.
14. The newly published book written by the former president contains many [____] issues on public policy and has aroused public argument and disapproval.
15. The farmer put a lot of [____] on his rice field, hoping that the crops may flourish.
16. A: What do you think of your new job in that company?B: Though there is lots of work to do, the salary is more than I expected.A: [____]
(A)Your new co-worker is easy-going.
(B)Of course, it's too important to be ignored.
(C)You should have more faith in your ability.
(D)I am sure you will like it.
17. Due to food shortages, there will be a great number of _____ suffering from starvation in many poor countries.
18. A: My mother will be annoyed if we are late for dinner.B: _____
(A)You should try to be on time.
(B)You should recall her name.
(C)You are able to work.
(D)You are qualified.
19. No one [____] the earthquake. All the villagers were killed in this unexpected accident.
20. A: Excuse me. Can I try this blouse on?B:[____]
(B)Well, you might pick up a bargain.
(C)Certainly, the changing rooms are over there.
(D)Why don't you take it back and see if you can?
21. The most important [____] in this cake are flour, eggs, sugar, and butter.
22. I sent Tom a present as a token of my [____] for his kind assistance.
23. Because the couple could not have children of their own, they planned to [____] an orphan.
24. Taiwan is [____] most countries for tourists.
25. During the one-month trial period, customers are under no _____ to sign any contracts.
26. An American may have great difficulty [____] a Chinese from a Japanese. To westerners, they are both Asian.
27. One of Hualien’s long-standing traditions is stone carving, which is not surprising considering the city’s main [____] is marble.
28. Although the farmers had to work in the mud, they were all pleased, [____] the rain had come in the nick of time.
29. A:“Here we are. I want to show you the living room. Do you like it?”B:[____]
(A)No, I don’t. Please be honest.
(B)Yes, I do. It’s lovely.
(C)Oh. Please be more specific.
(D)No, I have to go.
30. The new technique in a Malaysia based garment manufacturing company has [____] them to double the production of the factory.
31. Hsin-chu Science Park [____] at the eastern suburb of Hsin-chu City.
32. Sherlock Holmes [____] smoke in the air and assumed the killer had not left for too long.
33. All the [____] on the city rail map are color-coded so that a traveler knows which direction she/he should take.
34. Many people stood in long lines to see the _____ of stamps at the museum.
35. After coming back from Europe, he told me everything about the trip [_____].
(C)in and out
36. Whenever he gives help to those who are in need, his heart will be [____] with unspeakable joy.
37. Remember to [____] some sunscreen before you go to the beach.
38. My sister and I [____] never [____] to Singapore.
(A)have / go
(B)has / gone
(C)has / been
(D)have / been
39. The loud singing from next door really [____] and I cannot concentrate on my reading.
(A)gets on my nerves
(B)sets me up
(C)puts up with me
(D)calms me down
40. A: Have you finished writing your annual report?B: Not yet. [____]
(A)I plan to finish it this week.
(B)I need to do that every year.
(C)We don’t know of any reports.
(D)We can think of many more.
41. John felt the house shaken and [____] out immediately.
42. He fashioned himself as an executive in the mold of Jack Welch, [____] he’d worked at GE’s NBC.
(D)together with him
43. I prefer a round table to a [____] one. Round represents completeness.
44. The typhoon that hit southern Taiwan [____] several houses.
45. After countless efforts, the missionary has finally raised a [____] amount of money to build a church.
46. Without your kind assistance, I [____] a very serious mistake.
47. To keep the glass clean, you need to wipe your mouth with the [____] before drinking the wine.
48. [____] by eating less will you lose some weight.
49. John was [____] from work today because he was sick.
50. I need to [____] fifty thousand dollars from my brother to buy a new car.