中華郵政 » 專業職(二)外勤 » 模擬題庫 » 英文
1. Many of America’s parks and monuments have been made possible by the [____] donations of its citizens.
2. I need to [____] fifty thousand dollars from my brother to buy a new car.
3. Watch your manners. You are not supposed to be so [____].
4. The American government has decided to provide financial assistance to [____] the automobile industry. Car makers are relieved at the news.
(C)cash in on
5. Your car will be [____] away if you park it here without permission.
6. Don’t count your chickens before they are _____.
7. The corporation can offer more opportunities to the efficient and [____] employees and thus secure top-flight personnel.
8. The students were completely [____] about their graduation trip because the school wanted it to be a surprise.
(A)under the ground
(B)in the dark
(C)off the hook
(D)against the grain
9. A: Excuse me. Can I try this blouse on?B:[____]
(B)Well, you might pick up a bargain.
(C)Certainly, the changing rooms are over there.
(D)Why don't you take it back and see if you can?
10. A: You speak very good English.B: _____
(A)I feel ashamed.
(B)Thank you for your compliment.
(C)No, please don’t say so.
(D)Please say that again.
11. Before you fly, please be sure to read the list of items [____] from being carried onto the plane. You must not bring any of these items to the security checkpoints.
12. A:“Hello. Could you put me through to Philip from the Sales Department, please?”B:[____]
(A)Sorry. Maybe I said it wrong.
(B)Sorry. He’s not available right now. Can I take a message?
(C)Okay. I will see you at eight.
(D)Well, not exactly.
13. After the summit meeting, both sides agreed to _____ fire so that the peace talks could go on.
14. Only when you’re well-prepared will you be able to make the best use of every [____] for success when it comes.
15. Cindy and her husband are so busy that it is difficult for them to [____] dates for a vacation.
16. After many years of moving, Daniel finally found a [____] home in the Dublin suburbs.
17. If you want to become a successful businessman, you have to work [____] and learn from the seniors.
18. It's getting late. Let's [____].
(A)call a spade a spade
(B)call it a day
(C)call the shots
(D)call the nature
19. I look forward [____] you at the conference on “How to Prevent Suicide.”
(C)to have met
(D)to have meet
20. The MRT system has greatly [____] this area; I can’t even recognize the location of my old school.
21. The time [____] is thirteen hours between Taipei and New York.
22. Giraffes sleep only _____ an hour at a time.
23. Even the typhoon is [_____], the flight still takes off on time.
24. He drives much [____] than his girl friend.
25. He is a [____] person. He doesn’t like changes but enjoys old ways of thinking.
26. The challenging job required a strong, successful, and [____] candidate.
27. The good weather will [____] all the week.
28. Peter: My hands really itch. I can’t stop scratching them.Robert: It looks like a rash. Are you allergic to anything?Peter: [____] It never happened to me before.
(A)I have it only once in a while.
(B)There are too many mosquitoes.
(C)I’m not sure.
(D)I eat too many shrimps.
29. [_____] by the terrible scene, she couldn’t move at all.
30. Schizophrenia is a kind of [____] caused partially by utter isolation from the outside world.
31. The new technique in a Malaysia based garment manufacturing company has [____] them to double the production of the factory.
32. A: Hello, I'd like to speak to the manager, please.B:[____] A: I've a complaint to make. It's about the noise...
(B)I am sorry.
(C)Please speak to me.
(D)Can anyone else help?
33. He will pay a visit to my boss [____] the afternoon of 5th of March [____] half past ten.
(A)at / on
(B)in / by
(C)on / at
(D)at / at
34. A: “Excuse me. May I come in?”B:[____]
(A)Why don’t you guess.
(B)That’s right. How about you?
(C)Yes. Come in, please.
(D)No. You won’t get it.
35. She bought some carrots, potatoes and [____] to make salad.
36. A:Let’s study hard now and go skiing during this coming Christmas holidays.B:_____________
(A)It’s a deal.
(B)We shouldn’t do two things at a time.
(C)There are more than one person.
37. Every staff member in the post office must know that a good service [____] toward customers is important.
38. He was to my left, seated, since he couldn’t stand up for the hour his talk [____] last.
39. Delayed by a traffic jam, we were terribly late for a concert and had to wait until the [____] to enter.
40. An American may have great difficulty [____] a Chinese from a Japanese. To westerners, they are both Asian.
41. Taipei offers cheap and efficient public [____], e.g., its MRT and bus systems.
42. I love going away, but there’s no place like [____].
43. A: Shall I ring you later?B:[____]
(A)Leave a message.
(B)I didn't hear it. I was in the living room.
(C)What time shall we call? The phone is in the hall.
(D)Yes, but I may be out. Have you got my mobile number?
44. The gentleman [____] the lady to the door of her flat and kissed her good night.
45. I haven’t [____] decided where to go on holiday.
46. The actress was considered a new star in the film industry. Her first performance caused quite a [____].
47. Though it is too early to say whether the storm will make [____] in Taiwan, it is predicted heavy rain for northern and eastern parts of the island over the coming days.
48. A: Make sure that you will be there on time tomorrow.B: [_____]
(A)We should meet more often.
(B)I shall not be late.
(C)There is a primary school on the way to my office.
(D)The train has left at 7:00 o’clock.
49. A: How do you like your egg?B:[____]
(B)I like it very much.
(C)Sunny side up.
(D)Ham and egg.
50. Retarded children are most [____] to physical abuses in a family.